Wednesday 19 October 2011

Travel fever

Does that mean the same thing in english as it does in swedish?
Well for me it means trouble sleeping and general unrest, creating a huge mess around the house while packing.  Is there anyone sympathising with me?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore traveling. Especially when air ports and air planes are involved. It elevates such an elevating feeling of freedom, positivity and independence. Those who know me can confess I take any opportunity to get through check in several hours before I need to. The sensation of relief handing over the carefully, to the limit, packed suitcase. I take a deep breath, the world seems slower and in the moment as I glide through customs ...
From here on I am at peace. I love airports. The anticipation of an adventure, of living. I feel most as myself when I am traveling.
Ever since I can remember I've never been frightened of flying. Quite the opposite, it's a certain high. Euphoria!
You'll find me sitting at the window gazing out smiling, enjoying every move every moment of the aircraft building it's power and momentum to ultimately take off. All of a sudden... we are light as air!
My father is a Captain on an aircraft. Could that has something to do with it?
That is surely presumptuous of me as I am certainly far from alone, sharing the sensation of this indulgence.

I sit here at the kitchen table writing this, the kitchen table at our home in Lewes.
Thinking I should sleep. I am getting up in four hours. But I can't.

Tomorrow I head to Sydney, Australia.
The day after that the rest of The James Busby Travel group arrives, and the adventure takes off.

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment