Monday 15 October 2012

New Life... xxx

So, I am now officially a certified SCUBA diver!!! Wow!
Very, very happy I must admit.

I was very lucky growing up spending EVERY summer on a Peninsula called 'Lysekil', situated on the beautiful SW coast of Sweden...



I was actually accepted to a Marine Biology College on the same Peninsula, but at 15 I unfortunately had to turn it down for family reasons. Very sad... I got a tattoo of a Dolphin at 19 instead! ;)

Either way my ever fondest memories and where I felt MOST at home has been in Lysekil - preferably on a boat, or Island, or as deep under water I could go. I was never a 'strong' swimmer, I was a strong diver! I LOVED being underneath water rather than above. I ask my family now, wondering why they let me run around free as a young child ; on the big boat or jump ashore first or climb the Island or dive the waters... The answer I lovingly get is I was apparently very confident and skilful! :) Which warms my heart very much...

As mentioned my fondest memories and the only feeling of 'home' has been by the sea, Truth!
I was 15 when I was accepted to a Marine Biology College, destined to become a SCUBA Diver. Now I am 30 (although I certainly don't look it! ;) x) Always missed being beneath the ocean,but am now supposedly taking a tractor driver licence at my Wine Production College this autumn.... ???

Hmmm...
I am sooooo happy to FINALLY call my self an official Open Water SCUBA Diver,
This is just the beginning! xxx





2 comments:

  1. Interesting post SwedishVigneron.....

    Small world in a way.....or just that maybe people have more in common than they realise when they glance at each other wherever. My Dad was a marine biologist in Aberdeen, Scotland and as a family, we spent every Summer on an island in South East Sweden.... Married life is cool, ain't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It truly is a small world sometimes! What a surprise! We must talk more about the Marine Biology bit. When my husband is back from Australia - I am extending an invitation for you both to come over for dinner if you would like?. It's the least I can offer after you so kindly sent your Magazines. Let me know! My husband is back November 12th. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete